Estate Planning (Wills &Trusts)
You deserve the right to say who will inherit your possessions when you pass away. These possessions are your estate.
Once you know who you want to inherit your things—that is, once you have a plan—it’s time to sit down with an estate planning attorney to put that plan into action.
Everybody needs an estate plan; especially elders and those with young children. Life is just too uncertain. Many mistakenly assume their spouse or children will inherit their property even if they die without a will.
A thoughtful, comprehensive estate plan is one of the greatest gifts you can give your family to protect them during your lifetime and after you are gone.
Morana Law in Andover pays particular attention to the details of your family. We take the time to ask questions and listen to your answers to ensure that you and your loved ones are protected for the future.
We handle a wide range of estate planning issues, including:
- Asset protection planning
- Long-term care planning to protect your assets from nursing home spend down
- Protect yourself and your assets against Incapacity brought on by sickness or injury
- Minimizing or eliminating Federal and State estate taxes
- Protecting your children’s inheritances from their spouses, creditors or themselves
- Business succession planning
Morana Law guides its clients through the estate planning process, from analyzing your unique financial circumstances and goals, to educating you about the range of estate planning options, to drafting and implementing the estate plan.
We provide an array of estate planning services, including:
- Last Will and Testament
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Massachusetts Health Care Proxy
- Living Will, Advanced Directive
- HIPAA Information Release
Trusts are not just for the rich. With properly drafted trusts, an estate planning attorney can help clients avoid probate, reduce or eliminate estate taxes, save the family home when one spouse enters a nursing home, keep assets shielded from Medicaid/MassHealth, protect eligibility for special needs public assistance, and much more.
Morana Law will help you determine the trust that best addresses your specific goals. Here is a small list of trusts we regularly draft for clients:
- Revocable & Irrevocable Living Trusts
- Medicaid, MassHealth Asset Protection Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Minor’s Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Asset Protection Trusts
- Credit Shelter Trusts
- Inheritor’s Trusts
Morana Law serves Merrimack Valley and the surrounding areas, including Andover, North Andover, Methuen, Haverhill, Dracut, Lawrence, Tewksbury, Billerica, North Reading, Wilmington, Reading, Lowell, Chelmsford, Westford, North Chelmsford, Dunstable, Bedford, Burlington, Boxford and Georgetown.
Email us or call us at 978-409-1990 to schedule a consultation with an Andover estate planning attorney to discuss your estate planning needs.